23 April, 2015

HOP SING VIBES with M'Lynn

I just love a girl with Salt water in her veins and willing to rock my fav-o-rite clothing item ever... OVERALLS and worn in the funky-cool not farm-y way they should be worn!  M'Lynn is that girl! She arrived at Hop Sing for her photoshoot in vibrant living color, with fun pastel pink ombré curls ready to play dress up! What a great time we had, and the images speak for the warm season ahead...  Hello Summer! Hello Road-trips! Hello Sand! Hello Music Festivals!!! 


NAME: M'Lynn
PLACE OF BIRTH: Sierra Vista, AZ
OCCUPATION: Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring (I monitor nerves during brain and spine surgery)
AGE (if you'd like to share): 23

Describe your "signature look"... 
"Boho chic, relaxed, practical. I want to look fabulous but also be ready to ride my bicycle wherever or go hike in the woods with my dogs."

Who or what inspires you? 
Any woman who takes a new trend or fashion, makes it all her own and rocks it.  Confidence makes or breaks every outfit.


What makes you feel beautiful? 
"When I get to lounge with my dogs and loved ones after a long day of saltwater, sand, and waves. Sun-kissed skin and salty hair will always make me feel gorgeous."


Name an item of clothing you can't live without... 
My black fringe Minnetonka moccasin boots. Amazingly versatile.

    
                         

The biggest splurge in your closet...
Let's not talk about it...(looking at you, thigh-high black leather boots)

The biggest waste of money in your closet... 
Crappy flats and cheap blazers. Contrary to what your parents tell you, business wear does NOT have to be conformist or boring.


What's the most memorable piece of clothing you've worn, and what made it special? 
My father gave me a stunning black lace dress for Christmas one year. I wore it to ring in my 21st birthday and many times afterwards and I always feel completely gorgeous yet ridiculously comfortable in it. I haven't yet found a dress that classy and that much fun to dance in.                            
        
What's your guilty pleasure/something you can't resist?
"Sea salt dark chocolate, lavender biscuits, and a perfect cappuccino. Decadent, simple, perfect."


Do you have a style icon? 
Please describe: 
My mother. Our styles are radically different but she taught me how to love clothes and to love the game of putting them together unexpectedly to look fabulous. I know no woman with better style.

What is your beauty/skincare routine?
Wash twice a day with organic face wash, moisturize with rose hip seed oil,  apply mascara, maybe some eyeshadow, swipe my lips with some hazelnut oil and boogie out the door! 
   
                                      

                                  
     
What has been the biggest surprise about the age you are now? 
How young I feel, but how mature everyone seems to perceive me. I'm an adult! What?!

The best advice you've ever received? 
"Letting emotions guide your decisions for love, work, clothes, anything, is not weak, but the only way to love and live authentically."

Do you believe in destiny? 
I don't. I believe each person carves their own path and can change it as they please.


What's next for you? 
Getting out of the country as soon as possible and getting under the waves! 

Thank you M'Lynn! You inspire us! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice comments only, please. That means you, "Anonymous"! :)